In early 1906, 287 lots were offered for sale in the new Tamalpais Park subdivision. What timing. After the April earthquake and fire in San Francisco, there was no shortage of buyers. What a development. Warner Creek was forced into a channel to squeeze in more lots — a few houses were built on top of it. The streets were narrow and laid out for enjoyable riding in a horse drawn buggy.
They were named for trees: Locust, Sycamore, Walnut, Elm and Catalpa. Corresponding trees lined each street. Two new streets accessed the railroad: Park Ave. where a new station was built, and Locust Ave. — the Millwood Station was moved down a block to become the Locust Station. Lanes paved with soil from the nearby Indian mound connected the streets to allow residents fast access to the railroad.