In 1952, a group of teenage horse lovers founded a club called the 4-H Valley Riders. They fixed up buildings on the historic, non-operative and rundown Hillside Dairy on Sequoia Valley Road They turned it into a horse ranch with a makeshift boarding facility, corral, horse ring and club headquarters. It would later become the Diamond
4-H Ranch and then the Flying Y Horse Ranch. Each of the about 28 members 16 years of age or younger had his own horse. On Saturdays they drilled at Tam High under the direction of Norman Powell, a former rodeo star. They also competed with other clubs in Play Days, now called Gymkhanas, and horse shows at Tam High and other Marin venues. They often rode up to Lake Lagunitas for Trail Rides and Tests. When not competing they often rode to Muir Beach and on many Mt. Tam trails.
Want more Info?
Click > 4-H Valley Riders