The October 5, 1907 issue of the Sausalito News reported, “Saturday, September 28th, will be a day long remembered by the Odd Fellows of Mill Valley and Sausalito, for on that day there was a new lodge of the order instituted In Mill Valley. Upon the arrival of the 3:15 boat from the city, the Grand Master, Judge F. B. Ogden, with his grand officers, were met at the ferry In Sausalito by the reception committee. Upon returning to the hall in Mill Valley, the brothers proceeded to finish the work of the evening. The Independent Order Of Odd Fellows (IOOF) was founded in the US in 1819. It had been founded in England in the 1700s. Mill Valley’s meetings were held in lodge rooms on the second floor of the Keystone Bldg. on Throckmorton. In 1952, the lodge purchased the former Hub Theater building at 142 Throckmorton. The Hub Theater had opened in 1915 for movies and closed in 1929 when the Sequoia movie theater opened. It is now the popular 142 Throckmorton Theatre. The Rebekahs, founded in 1851 was open to wives and daughters of Odd Fellows. In 1894 the US opened membership to other women.